After J.W.A. Hickson’s generous bequest in 1956, the Fraser Institute became known as the Fraser-Hickson Institute.
The Institute currently houses over 130,000 items in French and English including extensive antiquarian holdings comprised in part of the collections of several older libraries such as the Institut Canadien, the Mercantile Library Association, and the Montreal Book Club which closed down at the end of the nineteenth century. These are in the process of being digitized for Internet Archive.
For further information and a description of holdings please consult the Institute website at fraserhickson.ca
Materials for this collection provided by: Frasier Hickson Library